Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More Silly Stories

As promised, here's some more wonderful and hilarious stuff from my students. I do edit somethings, but for the most part, I try to stay true to what they actually wrote, so you may have to bear with some of these.


Words of the Day (WOD):

WOD: bundle
"The car was carrying a bundle of cows."
(Poor cows!!)

WOD: obliterate
"My young brother obliterated my pen in the bathroom."
(why the bathroom??)

WOD: worth
"I am worth more than gold."

WOD: worth
"A motorcycle is worth a lot of accidents"

WOD: extend
"Faith was too short, but her mother extended her."

WOD: duty
"My duty is to honor my parents, my teachers, and other people who are big."


Conversations:

Me: in class V going around helping kids with their English work. I see that two of my students (a boy and a girl) are sharing a book, but their desks are split and the poor girl has to keep standing up and reach over to read it and copy the assignment.

Me: Why don't you two move your desks closer together so Yasinta doesn't have to keep standing up? I mean, Geoffrey, it's not nice to make the lady stand. You should remember this for when you're married: you stand and let the lady sit.

Geoffrey: But, madam, I'm not going to get married. I'm going to be a pastor!!

Me: But, pastors can get married, too. Pastor Umba is married.

Geoffrey: But, madam, that's Pastor Umba. This is Pastor Geoffrey!


Journals: 


Topic: Superheroes

"My favorite superhero is Bibleman. Bibleman have a power of God. God gave Bibleman power. I like to be superman because I like to have the power of God. And when I be a superheroes, I would like my name to be Biblewoman and I will like to have God's power and I will like to be help other because in my life I like to help other to help those who are not have father, like me, or who are no have mother, like me, or all both of them that is my favorite superheroes power."

Topic: Superheroes

"My favorite superhero is bathman. He is a cool superhero. His power is a electricity." 
(Yes, that's right, bathman...and he controls A electricity!!! I can foresee that maybe this is a problem combination.)


Topic: Be the Change You Wish to See in the World:

"...I will stop people who are fishing by using bombs." 
(Is this a problem in Tanzania?!?)

Topic: If I were 1CM tall...

"...I will not go to the toilet. If I will enter there I will sink to the toilet."
(Yes, I can see that this could be a problem)

Topic: A Trip to Outer Space

"I will scientific the moon or the sun."
(Might I ask how you "scientific" something?)


Topic: I wonder why...
"I wonder why the stars are shine at night. I think they are shining well, but why always night only. But I know God create the stars and moon but I wonder how they are able to stay without fall down but sometime they are fall down and this I think it is amazing. I think no one know this and planets are also amaze standin without any balance thing which can support it and I wonder why we are talking and feel, hear, write, and walk. How we are able to do this is the business of God to control all things. Without any help from any living organism.
This is more wonderful.
So we should respect God."



Honestly, I think my kids are amazing. They are so smart and capable and they have such wonderful thoughts. It's just hard to express them in English sometimes (seeing as English is their second language). It really is amazing that despite many obstacles (especially getting their education in their second language), they are finding successes!! It's going to be so hard to leave them just under three months from now, but until I leave, I want to enjoy every precious moment we have together!


May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,

~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment