Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Return to Tanzania

Well, just wanted to give a brief update that I've made it back to Tanzania safe and sound!! I had just under 30 hours of flights and layovers, but I finally landed in Dar es Salaam at about 8pm Tuesday evening. Pastor Umba met me at the airport which was a relief for me because I had so much baggage. I spent the night in DAR (and was actually able to get some sleep!) and we caught the bus first thing in the morning on Wednesday and arrived in Morogoro sometime around 12:30pm.

So far, things have been fantastic and I'm really glad that I decided to stay another year. I know that God is going to bless this time and I'm looking forward to everything that He is going to teach me through this continued experience!! I'm blessed beyond belief to have such a wonderful family, church family, and friends. I want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed financially to me and also to those who made donations to the school. I wasn't able to bring most of it over. However, never fear because a work team from Texas is coming in next week and is bringing TWO whole suitcases full of all that STUFF you donated to the school!

I don't have too much time now to write much more (I've had SOOO much to do since I got back!!), but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm here, safe and sound. I also wanted to share some pictures that I've taken since I've gotten back. I hope to write again soon and I hope that all is well with you!! :D

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,
~Christine


Some changes to my room! I got new sheets because they don't sell fitted sheets in Tanzania!
The newly decorated desk-corner. I can't really say study corner because, well, I don't actually study there. But, thanks to duct tape and command strips I've been able to hang up my calendar and all the pictures of family and friends that my Dad printed off for me! :D
The shoe on the right shows just what happens to shoes after 6 months in Tanzania... O_o


No comments:

Post a Comment