Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

First Day in Morogoro

I do not have much time to write now because I will soon run out of pre-paid internet credits that were given to me by the previous missionary teacher. But, I am here in Morogoro and it is AMAZING!! I can't wait to upload pictures because it is absolutely stunning here. The pastor and his family have been so wonderful thus far in helping me get situated. I honestly couldn't have asked for a more fitting assignment.
The school is just a few minutes walk from the pastor's house and it is very nice. Today the pastor introduced me to the head teacher who gave me the materials that I would need to make my lesson plans. I will be teaching classes 5, 6, and 7 and helping them prepare for the exams that they will have to pass in order to enter secondary school. I have already finished the lesson plans for class 6 (equal to grade 6) and have made a nice sized dent in the lesson plans for class 7 (equal to grade 7). The students are enthralled with me and my hair. During the afternoons on Fridays they have a time to play sports. I went out to the play area to try and meet the students and before long I had a huge group of them surrounding me; three of them holding onto each hand. It was amazing!!

I pray that all is well with you and that God blesses your life. Don't be afraid to answer His calls because He will bring you amazing places and show you many wonderful things!

"He has shown you, oh man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly before your God." Micah 6:8

Blessings,
~Christine

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're doing so well there, it's too bad you didn't set up a donation account so that maybe some of us could help you make sure you have internet to update and keep in touch. I hope you keep on having a wonderful time there and the best of luck to you!

    ♥K.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently had a derp moment because I can see now you have a donation link on the right side. |Dc Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete