Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's Official

Well, it's official!! I have booked my flights to and from Tanzania (with a quick stop in Europe on the way back). I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! I'm officially leaving on January 10th and I have a series of flights that will land me at the Dar Es Salaam International Airport at 9pm (local time). The closer it gets and the more that I get done just makes me all the more excited for what is to come.
Some more super exciting news is that I will be bringing a piano keyboard with me along with a set of recorders to help me teach music! It's amazing how connections that you make can help you so much! I was a member of the Sigma Alpha Iota honors music fraternity in college. The organization contains a section that collects musical instruments and music and also raises money to purchase and send musical instruments to schools and orphanages in third world countries. Thus, the Wesley Primary School in Morogoro, Tanzania is a perfect candidate for such donations! I'm SOOO excited!!! Of course, it's going to be interesting trying to get all of that on the plane in addition the all the children's books that I'm trying to collect, but I know that with God on my side, a way will be made!
It's so exciting to me that God is working through my life to make an impact on a school half way around the world. It makes me feel so humbled and leaves me in awe of how He sees the greater picture and how everything is going to work together, even when I don't. All I have to do is keep leaning on his understanding!!

"Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

May the Lord bless you and keep you,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment