Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Big Decisions

So, when I began this adventure in January, my plan was to remain in Tanzania until June. At that point, I would tour through Europe for a bit and then return home, step right back into my job at Chili's, and I would head off to graduate school. Well, as it turns out, the pretty pictures we make in our minds don't always work out that way. We make a plan and then God comes in and messes it all up. Well, I shouldn't say He messes it up because God doesn't mess things up. Instead, He comes in and He makes our plans even more beautiful. Which means, He changes things. That's His business, changing the hearts and lives of His people and leading them down the narrow path to a full and rich life.

This is where I'm at currently: I have been accepted to one out of the three programs that I applied to, the Speech and Language Pathology program at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. I am completely thrilled. After being rejected from the other programs (for different reasons), I was especially suffering from a lack of hope; not to mention this was my "wildcard" school that I was applying to "just in case, but I don't expect to get in". Well, ironically, I got into that program and not the others. However, as thrilled as I am, I am also feeling like I would like to remain in Tanzania for a longer time. My preference would be to stay for another year (so, until June of 2013). Thus, I have emailed the program at the University of Utah to see if there is a possibility of deferring enrollment for a year in order to make this happen. I am still waiting to hear, but my prayer (and hopefully yours as well) for me is that God's will will be done.

Either way, I will be content with the result. I would love to stay here for another year, but I would also love to go home, see family and friends, and begin my graduate studies. So, I am asking you to please pray for me during this time: that God's will would be done and that if I do end up staying, I will be able to receive enough funding to continue my ministry.

"But, seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Matthew 6:33-34

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,
~Christine

3 comments:

  1. Hey Christine,

    "Morogoro adventure" were the words that brought me through google to your page. After seven months in this country I was thinking of just inserting an adventure through Morogoros beautiful mountains but instead of some touristguides I found your page. I just took a look to the actual date of your blog and noticed that we are sharing the same country and the same town. I glanced at one of your first posts and read something about "teaching english and music"...I was really wondering and thats why:

    I woke up at 5.30 in the morning today because I had the plan to join an eastern service together with Tina, the manager of the orphanage I am living in. But in the end I let her go alone because I had no pants that made up to dry over the night and I thought it was not the best idea to come up with underpants. But she came back and on my question how it was she told me something about a girl that was volunteering and teaching english and music here in Morogoro. It would be just hilarious if it is you she talked about.

    For how long will you stay in Tanzania?

    lg Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. lg Paul,
    Yes indeed that is me!! And that's absolutely crazy that you found my blog by accident like that. I'm going to be in Tanzania until June. I had wanted to stay longer, but it has turned out to not be a possibility. Thus, I'm going back to the states to begin my graduate studies.
    What is your work here in Morogoro?
    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine,

    I am living in Kihonda and work in an orphanage together with Christina. I am everything from carpenter, over housegirl up to English teacher. I read something about your plan to visit us and give a mini music lesson...I already made up for a music band and I try to give them a taste of rock music..you're very welcomed to give us your contribution..

    Maybe it's possible to communicate in another way...with "Saale Korge" you will find me at Facebook...don't wonder, i am an 77 year old man...=)

    blessings paul

    ReplyDelete